Improve the quality and reach of programs and services through ongoing assessments of the community’s needs.
Enhance the capacity and resilience of the community by training and mobilizing teams of passionate and confident community leaders and volunteers.
Strategy for FUTFS’ Future Vision
2020 was a year of tense and frustrating situations where everything has been put on hold by COVID-19. All we can do is wait until the pandemic is brought under control. During this time, For You Telecare Family Service (FUTFS), which is designed to offer counselling, education, and outreach services, is exploring alternative ways to continue to deliver our services. We are taking this crisis as an opportunity to pursue and navigate areas of assistance to share and support people who are suffering due to COVID-19 and the restrictions it has placed on people’s lives. We aim to develop programs and services for a youth group with the purpose of narrowing the generation gap with seniors to promote the collaboration between the two generations while providing opportunities to increase youths’ awareness of participation in Korean and Canadian communities. As a volunteer-driven community service agency, FUTFS will focus on the following three strategies for 2020 to 2022.
01. Empowering Leadership & Resilience Skills
- Increase the leadership and resiliency skills for both members of the community and volunteers through education and training programs
- Under the motto of lifelong education, develop new strategies to support volunteers’ recruitment and retention with more active engagement in the programs
- Improve leadership for the Korean community with a sense of participation
02. Developing Prevention Programs & Services
- Develop training programs and materials to prevent problems before they occur
- Increase awareness of the importance of providing short- and long term education, counselling, and crisis intervention in the Korean community as a precautionary measure
- Support individuals to make a Journey Road Map that will help them maintain a healthy lifestyle
03. Reducing Generation Gap & Planning Succession
- Provide an opportunity for a youth group to share their skills and knowledge with seniors who need help with technology so that they can join virtual activities, online education, and SNS groups
- Create an atmosphere and opportunity where young people have the motivation and ability Lo participate voluntarily to lead the future of FUTFS
- Encourage young people to increase their intercultural competency with a sense of identity as Koreans who can mitigate the cultural gap in different generations